- Application Deadlines
- Admission Process
- Admission Requirements
If you are planning to attend Missouri S&T, it's a good idea to submit your application before our Priority Application Deadlines to ensure that you're on the best track for all scholarships, financial assistance, and registration opportunities.
- Fall Semester (August-December) - apply before July 1
- Spring Semester (January-May) - apply before December 1
- Summer Semester (May-July) - apply before May 1
Apply for admission early in the semester before you plan to transfer to S&T. To complete the application process, be sure to complete the steps detailed below.
1.) Complete your online application
It is important to remember the email address and password you used to create your application account.
2.) Pay the application fee of $50 (non-refundable)
3.) Craft your personal statement
You may submit a personal statement of 500 words or less as part of your online application.
4.) Send all official college transcripts to the following address: Transcripts must be sent directly from each college.
Mail to :
Missouri University of Science and Technology
106 Parker Hall, 300 W 13th Street
Rolla, Missouri USA 65409-1060
Students transferring to Missouri S&T must meet these minimum requirements. In general, admission to the department in which you intend to pursue a degree – particularly engineering and science departments – requires a minimum 2.5 GPA. The faculties of individual degree programs do reserve the right to use more stringent cumulative GPA requirements when evaluating transfer applications than Missouri S&T's general minimum GPA requirement.
Missouri S&T accepts college-level non-remedial coursework from all accredited institutions. How credit will be applied to a Missouri S&T degree program is at the discretion of the Registrar's Office.
Minimum Requirements for Admission
- Transfer from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit official transcripts showing statements of academic credits and honorable release.
- Possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Completed 24 or more semester hours of college-level credit.
Do you have less than 24 credit hours from your sending institution?
If you have completed fewer than 24 credit hours at your sending institution, you must submit your ACT (or SAT) scores and official high school transcripts to the Office of Admissions. Although you attended another institution after high school, your application will be evaluated according to standards for first-time freshmen.
Do you have at least 24 hours from your sending institution?
If you have completed 24 credit hours or more at your sending institution, high school transcripts and ACT (or SAT) scores are not necessary.
- Enroll in the Transfer Assistance Program (TAP). TAP offers free academic and counseling services, as well as helpful transfer advice.
- Review available transfer guides and your admission's counselor's advice to plan courses at your participating college or university.
- Schedule an individual campus visit or attend a Transfer Day or Open House event.
- Submit an application for admission early in the semester before you plan to transfer to Missouri S&T to take advantage of transfer policy scholarship dates and Transfer Advising Day. Students registered in TAP receive transfer-specific information prior to their anticipated transfer to Missouri S&T.
Many high school students face the decision of where to begin their college career. Trying to make that final decision of where to attend college can be difficult, but we recommend that high school students who are unsure of their plans to go ahead and apply.
- Apply for admission and financial aid to both Missouri S&T and the two-year or four-year school you may attend.
- If finances are an issue for you, early application will help determine what type of assistance is available from Missouri S&T. We do offer generous scholarships for transfer students, but freshman awards do tend to be larger. Compare what is available if you apply as a freshman.
- Visit both institutions and take some time to speak to an admissions counselor regarding both direct admission and transfer options.
- If you decide to attend elsewhere first and then transfer to Missouri S&T, it is very important to email us at email@example.com to enroll in the Transfer Assistance Program so we may provide advice that will help you transfer with no loss of credit.
Think you may be interested in enrolling as a freshman? Review the freshman admission requirements.
Getting Started at S&T
After you've completed your application, you'll need to sign up for a Transfer Advising Day where you'll meet your advisor, sign up for classes, reserve textbooks, get your S&T student ID card, tour campus and residence halls and visit with the Student Financial Aid Office.
You will need to set up your S&T username and password. Your S&T username and password allows access to Joe'SS, S&T email, secure wireless internet, web apps, campus computer labs, and more.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Health Information
Before you can complete enrollment, you will need to complete your help forms. Please submit the following to Student Health Services:
- Health History form
- Immunization records
- Tuberculosis Screening form
For information on how to submit your forms, visit the Student Health Services website.
Questions? Call Student Health Services at 573-341-4284 or visit studenthealth.mst.edu.
Student Accommodation Request
Complete and submit the student accommodation request form on the Disability Support Services website to disclose a disabling condition that may require special accommodations. More information about Disability Support Services and the required disability documentation will be sent upon receipt of the completed form.
Questions? Call Disability Support Services at 573-341-4172 or visit dss.mst.edu.
After final semester grades are posted, request final transcripts from your transfer institution to be sent to S&T Admissions. Transcripts will not be accepted in person.
MAIL TO :
Missouri University of Science and Technology
106 Parker hall
300 W. 13th Street
Rolla, Missouri 65409-1060
Financial Aid is awarded based on merit, need, or both. To be considered for need-based aid, you must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.gov.
Complete your FAFSA by Missouri S&T's priority deadline of February 1. Missouri S&T's FAFSA Code: 002517
Admitted students who qualify for S&T's merit-based scholarships are notified, once being admitted. Use scholarships.mst.edu and reputable national scholarship search websites to reasearch scholarship opportunities. Many academic departments at S&T offer scholarships to students in specific degree programs.
If you have questions about financial aid issues, billing processes, or deadlines you will get the chance to meet with Financial Aid on your Transfer Advising Day. Your billing statement from S&T will be available about six weeks prior to the start of classes. Pay all bills on time to maintain your enrollment status.
Find more information at cashier.mst.edu.