Jackling Introduction to Engineering
July 27-30,2020 (Virtual Camp)
Planning is underway for a Jackling Introduction to Engineering virtual camp experience.
During Jackling Introduction to Engineering Virtual Camp, you'll be introduced to a variety of engineering fields with virtual demonstrations and activities related to each discipline. You will learn about what engineers do, what tools they use and how the various engineering fields affect everyday life. Engineering and science groups will present brief overviews of their areas of focus and the exciting technological challenges on which their graduates work. Choose from a suite of activities each afternoon that will include interactive workshops and problems that may include software development, aerospace testing and problem-solving, exploration of state-of-the-art engineering materials breakthroughs, and the process of product development and testing.
- Registration Details
- Camp Activities
- Campus Cancellation Policy
Dates: July 27-30, 2020 (Virtual Camp)
Eligibility: Rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders in fall 2020
Capacity: Space is limited to 160 students
Registration Fee: TBA
Registration Cancellation Policy
Persons wishing to cancel their registration must do so one week (7 full days) prior to the first day of their chosen program. No refunds will be made after this date.
- During "Intro" you’ll learn what engineers really do and the tools they use. We'll introduce you to engineering’s various disciplines through hands-on activities and team design competitions while you make new friends and enjoy a taste of campus life.
- You will spend your summer camp mornings learning about engineering disciplines from leaders in their fields while rubbing shoulders with some of the brightest students in the nation. You’ll gain practical engineering experience during lab and department visits in the afternoon, and test your skills in friendly student competitions during the evening.
- Morning - Lectures and demonstrations
- Afternoon - Visits to and hands-on activities in departments, labs and computer labs
- Evening - Meet Missouri S&T students, participate in design competition and participate in recreational activities
Attendees will have an opportunity to visit five academic departments for hands-on experiences
An overview of each discipline will be given on the first day of camp. You will then have the opportunity to select the departments you'd like to explore in more depth. Although all of your top choices can not be guaranteed, we will do our best to ensure you attend as many as possible.
Campus Cancellation Policy
Missouri S&T reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient registrations, severe weather or natural disaster. In the event of cancellation, registrants will be notified immediately via email and phone, and all fees will be returned in full.
Are you ready for your next adventure?
For more information, contact Professional & Continuing Education