Jackling Introduction to Engineering
June 21-25, July 5-9, 2020
Engineers are the change agents of our society. Few professions have such a direct and positive impact on people’s lives. Through research and innovative solutions to real-world problems, engineers constantly re-invent the machines, processes, structures and gadgets that improve our daily lives. By applying science in bold new ways, engineers use their imagination to turn ideas into realities to help meet the needs of the 21st century. In the future, engineers will continue to use their cleverness to meet the world’s biggest challenges.
Registration will open February 2020
- Registration Details
- Camp Activities
- Transportation Policy
- Campus Cancellation Policy
Dates: June 21-25, July 5-9, 2020 (2 sessions)
Eligibility: Rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders in fall 2020
Capacity: Space is limited to 160 students per session.
- Resident Registration Fee: TBD, which includes housing in residence halls, meals, and all course materials.
- Commuter Registration Fee: TBD, which includes lunches, dinners, and all course materials.
*Note: Course notes and laboratory supplies will be provided and are included in the fee. All participants will receive a Missouri S&T t-shirt at check-in & a discount coupon for a trip to the Missouri S&T Store after check-out or on another visit this summer.
Check-in: Sunday, 2:00-4:00 pm, Thomas Jefferson Hall
Parents Program: 4:30-5:30 pm, St. Pat's Ballroom, Havener Center
Check-out: Thursday, 2:30-4:00 pm, Thomas Jefferson Hall
Registration Cancellation Policy
Persons wishing to cancel their registration must do so one week (7 full days) prior to the first day of their chosen program. No refunds will be made after this date.
- During "Intro" you’ll learn what engineers really do and the tools they use. We'll introduce you to engineering’s various disciplines through hands-on activities and team design competitions while you make new friends and enjoy a taste of campus life.
- You will spend your summer camp mornings learning about engineering disciplines from leaders in their fields while rubbing shoulders with some of the brightest students in the nation. You’ll gain practical engineering experience during lab and department visits in the afternoon, and test your skills in friendly student competitions during the evening.
- Morning - Lectures and demonstrations
- Afternoon - Visits to and hands-on activities in departments, labs and computer labs
- Evening - Meet Missouri S&T students, participate in design competition and participate in recreational activities
Attendees will have an opportunity to visit five academic departments for hands-on experiences
An overview of each discipline will be given on the first day of camp. You will then have the opportunity to select the departments you'd like to explore in more depth. Although all of your top choices can not be guaranteed, we will do our best to ensure you attend as many as possible.
Participants must provide their own transportation to and from Missouri S&T. USA Express provides shuttle service from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to campus. The shuttle service schedule is available online, or you can call toll free at 1-800-872-9399.
Campus Cancellation Policy
Missouri S&T reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient registrations, severe weather or natural disaster. In the event of cancellation, registrants will be notified immediately via email and phone, and all fees will be returned in full.
Are you ready for your next adventure?
For more information, contact Professional & Continuing Education