Summer Research Academy
We believe that research is an essential opportunity that should be open to everyone, not just scholars or graduate students. Research is more than gathering data, analyzing trends or formulating new ideas; it is an experience! By taking ownership of your own project, we invite you to spend the summer molding your own experience.
- Program Details
- Camp Activities
- Transportation Policy
- Campus Cancellation Policy
Eligibility: Rising seniors or graduating seniors. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age prior to June 1, 2018.
Program Fee: TBA
Application Deadline: TBA
Applicants to the Academy must meet all of the following requirements during the 2017-18 academic year:
- Have earned a composite ACT score of 28+
- Have completed at least 3 high school mathematics courses (Algebra I and higher)
- Have had at least 1 high school chemistry, physics, or biology class (with a lab experience) before June 1, 2018
Applications will be given priority consideration for research assignments by the date received. Participants will be notified of selection and research assignments as this information becomes available. A completed application should include:
1. An official high school transcript
2. Completed Online Application Form (APPLICATION FORM NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME)
3. A 300-word summary detailing your interest in attending the Summer Research Academy.
4. A one-page research and academic resume detailing academic awards, unique opportunities and leadership activities.
5. Letter of recommendation from high school teacher, coach, counselor or school administrator.
All application materials must be sent to:
Mail to :
Summer Research Academy
Missouri University of Science and Technology
605 W. 11th Street
Rolla, Missouri 65409
Registration Cancellation Policy
Persons wishing to cancel their registration must do so in writing by TBA. All requests for registration cancellation will incur a fee of TBA up until TBA. Requests for registration cancellations after TBA will incur a fee of TBA. No refunds can be given after TBA. Please allow two weeks for processing of refunds.
The Summer Research Academy at Missouri S&T is an opportunity for talented students across the country to conduct meaningful academic research. Each participant will be paired with a faculty mentor and graduate students to conduct a research project in science, mathematics, computing or engineering.
For more information, please visit our Summer Research Academy site.
Participants must provide their own transportation to and from Missouri S&T. USA Express provides shuttle service from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to campus. The shuttle service schedule is available online, or you can call toll free at 1-800-872-9399.
Campus Cancellation Policy
Missouri S&T reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient registrations, severe weather or natural disaster. In the event of cancellation, registrants will be notified immediately via email and phone, and all fees will be returned in full.
Are you ready for your next adventure?
For more information, contact Professional and Continuing Education