Building leaders for tomorrow
June 12-16, 2017
Building Leaders for Tomorrow camp engages you in activities that will develop leadership, communication and teamwork skills. Not only are these skills that you can take back to your high school’s various organizations, but they are valuable skills that can help you succeed in college and eventually your career.
- Registration Details
- Camp Activities
- Campus Accommodations
- Transportation Policy
- Campus Cancellation Policy
Date: June 12-16, 2017
Eligibility: Rising 9th, 10th and 11th graders
Registration Fee: $450, which includes room and board/meals, supplies and all activities
Registration Deadline: June 1, or until camp is filled
1. Complete the online registration form: Building Leaders for Tomorrow
2. Print, sign Agreement and Release of Liability and Health Form
3. Mail all forms and payment* (if not paying online by credit card) made payable to the Missouri S&T within 14 days* from the date of your registration
Mail to :
Student Diversity, Outreach and Women's Programs
Missouri University of Science and Technology
605 W. 11th Street
Rolla, Missouri 65409-0420
*Notice: Your registration is not complete until all forms and payment have been received by our office. All forms and payment must be received by our office within 14 days from the date of your registration to avoid automatic cancellation.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Persons wishing to cancel their registration must do so in writing by May 26, 2017 to receive a full refund. Requests for refunds made between May 27- June 5, 2017 will receive a 50% refund of fees. No refunds will be given after June 5, 2017. Please allow two weeks for processing refunds.
You will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities that will benefit you in many ways:
- Networking Skills
- Communication skill development
- Diversity awareness
- Team-buiding exercises
- Creative thinking and problem solving
During the week you will meet and hear from several accomplished business leaders and S&T graduates. You will not be busy with scheduled activities at all times; you will have time to socialize and get to know other students who share the same interests. There will be scheduled free time each evening to allow you to unwind, take advantage of S&T’s recreation facility and enjoy the community.
- Housing/meals: Students will live on campus and eat in a Missouri S&T dining facility. There are washers and dryers, vending machines, video games, lounges and an information center.
- Clothing: In the summer, there is no conformity to any type of dress on campus. Dress is generally casual, but should be regulated by common sense, decency and appropriateness. Summer temperatures in Rolla are generally in the 80’s during the day and 60’s at night. Shorts are allowed.
- Recreation: The S&T multi-purpose facilities are open to all participants. Possible activities include swimming, weight training, basketball, handball, racquetball, tennis and softball. Bring your tennis shoes if you wish to participate in any particular sport. Game rooms and pool tables are available at the Havener Center.
- Hours: For the safety of the students and to help ensure a productive program, a 10 pm curfew is enforced during the week.
- Social activities: Activities are scheduled to provide social interaction among program participants.
Participants must provide their own transportation to and from Missouri S&T. USA Express provides shuttle service from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to campus. The shuttle service schedule is available online, or you can call toll free at 1-800-872-9399.
Campus Cancellation Policy
Missouri S&T reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient registrations, severe weather or natural disaster. In the event of cancellation, registrants will be notified immediately via email and phone, and all fees will be returned in full.
Are you ready for your next adventure?
For more information, contact Melanie Wulff,
program/project coordinator of outreach and pre-college programs